
Okay, so here is the scoop on our Tuck. The last month or so, Tuck had been acting a little sluggish and I was getting worried because our Tommy didn't need another death of a beloved gecko.
So, I took Tuck to the exotic pet store and had the owner look at Tuck. It's a store that is real close to us, where we get crickets and worms for this "beloved pet". The man looks at Tuck and then says, "well, he looks healthy, his tail is thick...." then he turns Tuck over and says, "you know your gecko is a girl?" I said, "excuse me, uh-huh!" Then the man continues to say, "yea, he is a she AND she has 2 eggs inside her, look"! (He showed me under her belly and I could really see 2 tiny little balls in her. I then said, "how can that be, I don't have another gecko...." The owner then continues to share with me that just like how chickens lay eggs every day, reptiles produce eggs all the time. There won't be a baby gecko inside, but "she" will lay 2 eggs and they will be about this big." Then he holds his fingers to a cirlce about the size of a very small ping pong ball. So, now I am thinking "how am I going to explain this to Tommy?"
Well, got home assured Tommy that Tuck is fine, and that HE is a GIRL! His mouth dropped open! :O :O Then I said that when he lays the eggs.....then Tom corrected me and said, "SHE mom." "Okay, okay, when "she" lays the eggs there won't be a baby gecko in there, because we don't have a daddy gecko." Luckily Tommy left that one alone and I told him we would give the eggs to the"lizard vet" and he would take care of them. He was fine with that too. Tuck should lay these eggs around Christmas time.
My life is so not normal! Atleast some aspects of it that is for sure!!
p.s. The line, "kevin is a girl?" is from the movie "UP" when the old man finds out that the exotic bird that the little scout boy named the bird "Kevin", is a girl. When I told my parents about all this fiasco about Tuck, that is what my mom said! It was hilarious and I had to share it with you. :) If you haven't watched that movie in awhile you need too.....it's a great one!
No comments:
Post a Comment