Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Merry Christmas everyone!! We are soo thankful for another blessed year of memories, experiences, learning and growing from our challenges. We are all healthy and happy. We hope all of you, our dear friends and family have a wonderful Christmas too.
Jordan wanted a drum set. Santa came through.


Caitlin and her stylin' scarf she got and a wonderful book from her Aunt Julie. She even said, "oh, I love this scarf and I am going to tie it just like Julie taught me." :)

Jordan got a new robe to keep him warm. That cute boy is always cold! He loved it!!

Tommy got his microscope....Okay, I have to tell you the funny thing that happened with this. The kit came with blank slides that you could put other "specimens" on it. Well, Caitlin and Tommy had this great idea to get a blood sample. I volunteered to prick my finger and give him a drop. I turn around and he is holding this vile. It's small, but come on, I am NOT going to fill that up with my blood. So, Tommy says to me, " just put your blood in here mom." I said to him, "buddy I cannot put my blood in there, I am only going to be able to give you a drop and that's all. I cannot fill that thing up. "(Tommy was really bumbed to hear this.) So, Mike heard all this and here I am trying to prick my finger with a safety pin, my index finger is starting to hurt by now. I finally get a drop, Cate is in the background going, "OH mom! Stop, I can't believe you are doing this, I can't handle shots...I am not looking. MOM STOP POKING YOURSELF!" So, Mike comes to my rescue. Pricks his finger really quick, gets a big enough drop of blood to stick on the slide, because my drop was itsy-bitsy. Tommy then says, "thanks dad, that was a sacrafice." I then said, "that's what mom's and dad's do for their kids." It was definitely a moment to remember. Okay, if you are still laughing about this whole experience, you can keep laughing because the way you are picturing it, is exactly the way it happened.

Mike and Cate decide to make homemade Perrogies. Remember, they are stuffed pasta shells with mashed potato, cheese, onion. They are so yummy and we all love them. Homemade ones are even better!! Good Job Caitlin and Mike. We surprised the kids with one more thing....We are taking them to Washington D.C. tomrrow for a few days! They have never been there, and since we have Christmas Break and we only live 4 hours away, we are going for it!! I will definitely take notes and lots of pictures. LOve you all~~





No comments:

Post a Comment