
Sunday, September 26, 2010
The Book Fair!!!
This was my big project this past month in a half!! Me and my good friend, Hilary, we were asked to Co-Chair the elementary schools book fair. Well, we said, "sure" and this is the outcome! We had LOTS of great help and each other and we survived to tell the tale! The lady that co-chaired it the last several years was right there by our sides to hold our hands through it. Beth is the queen and we couldn't have done our 1st one without her....She was a crack up too and a good friend!!! Our theme for this one was "EVERYONE IS A HERO! READERS ARE HEROES!" Scholastic comes up with the theme and ideas and then we are supposed to run with it and do what we want with that idea. We have another one in the spring, but we aren't thinking about that right now. This room we had the book fair in, is called the LGI. It's right by the school library and a great big room for multipurpose things and it was dedicated to the fair this last week. Thought it would be fun to show the progress of the decorating and time that went into this project. It was a HUGE success and the kids loved it!! That's what made it worth it!! Oh, and I love to hear the kids walk by me now, and say, "hi, Tommy's mom" or "hi, Jordan's mom"(now that they know who I am, beside the book fair girl). The middle school is having theirs in a couple of weeks and I volunteered to help with that one too. I love the book fairs, but I am not co-chairing this one...I get to just be a good helper and cheer them on. :) Enjoy the pics...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








WOW!!! We have never had a book fair like that here! What a lot of work. I am sure the students loved it. We miss you, but looks like you are doing wonderful things and are needed very much in Murrysville.
ReplyDeleteLove, Sheri