Thursday, November 10, 2011

A new job for Kris

This is what I do, very very very part time. I am going to help paint windows! Tommy's violin teacher has a painting business on the side and she was talking about it Sunday at church. She was saying how she wish she had more help. I piped in and said that I would love to help her, and learn. I would be her apprentice. So, yesterday(Wednesday) I went and learned from the amazing Judy! and Alicia(she is another lady from our church and good too.)
For those of you who don't know how this works.....Judy made traces of what we were going to put on the windows, on big sheets of plastic. (That in itself is amazing that she can do) Then taped up on the window where it is going to be painted. Go inside and start tracing with a brush and black paint. As Judy was doing that, Alicia and I were attacking the writing. Remember we are tracing from the big sheets of plastic that has written on it what it is supposed to say, but only BACKWARDS! from the inside. My big word I worked on was "Grille". I watched the 2 ladies for awhile. It's all done with stinky lead paint and the 1 " foam brushes you use on crafts. Trying to fill in and outline with these foam brushes was very difficult!....I am going to practice at home on my window. :) Judy and Alicia were very patient and encouraging and I got it done. I also did the peppers, guitar, and the specks in the taco shell. It was so fun to see it come together! So, I just wanted to show you what I am doing now to keep me out of trouble. Judy said the jobs are not very frequent but she would let me know when they come. Pretty cool huh? By the way, the food is super good here and they gave us lunch free. :)


















3 comments:

  1. Kristi, that looks sooooo cool! xoxo You can do your own swishes on your wall next time. ;)
    love you,
    Jul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the speckles in the taco shell... me parece muy rico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best looking "grille" I've ever seen! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete