
This is the story of Mila....She is a member of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She was baptized about 8 months ago. She is struggling with her health. See, she is waiting to have a liver transplant. She is originally from Chile and is such a darling and kind woman. She has been in and out of the hospital all year with health complications as a result of her liver not working correctly. One time my parents were visting and Mila was in the hospital. I took my dad with me to go see her and they spoke spanish for awhile together. My dad served his mission in Chile and so they spoke a lot about that. It was so great to hear them together speaking Spanish so quickly and laughing at what each other had to say. It is definitely a great memory of mine.The dish Caitlin and I are holding is a beautiful china dish Mila gave to me just before Thanksgiving. It is a piece from Chile and it was her grandmothers. It is over 200 years old and a lovely piece. Mila asked us to use it during Thanksgiving and then keep it, to remind us of her. It meant so much to us that she would give us this. The kids call her "Grandma Mila". She definitely has a special place in our hearts. I am so thankful I know this woman and how blessed my life is to have her in it.
Our dear friends, and family.....we are so thankful for you and love you so much! Have a wonderul Christmas and New Year! We 5 are heading to Philidelphia for Christmas break. I will definitely blog our adventures...Sorry it has been so long, it has been crazy busy here this last month and a half. Merry Christmas xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment