Wednesday, November 4, 2009
I have no pictures in this entry...just thought I would share a few thoughts. Today is November 4, 2009 and exactly 1 year ago today, we adopted Jordan! I cannot believe it has been a year already!!! It is a complete miracle that we have all survived. As many of you know, it has had it's definite ups and downs. But our family is complete now that we have 3 kids and Mike and are so blessed to have each one of them in our family. I am so thankful that we could even become a mom and dad to these special kids. Jordan has come so far from only a year ago! He is reading now and getting much more confident in that area. He was baptized and still loves to go to church and pray. We were sealed as a family in the Bountiful Temple. He safely moved across the country to Murrysville, Pennsylvania with his adopted family and is happy and getting settled in. He understands, as well as an 8 year old can, the family and home rules. He trusts us now and loves to be in our family. Just lately he has been thanking Heavenly FAther for "the Snow's". I think he is finally understanding that he is not going anywhere anymore and that it's okay to be safe and happy. Granted we all still have our days, (who doesn't) but now we have more good days than frustrating ones, and I am VERY thankful for that. I truly know that Heavenly Father is there for us and that he really DOES care about us and our concerns, stuggles, and frustrations. I never thought I would ever come to this....but I am thankful for the challenges that come.....because I know I will be heard in my prayers. Thank you for letting me share some thoughts with you on this special day in our family. I am truly blessed to be at the point I am in my life right now. What a road it has been, especially the last year. Thank you, my sweet family and dear friends.....for your unconditional love and support. For justifying my thoughts, frustrations and encouraging me to keep going. The amazing progress that we 5 have made in only 1 year.....what will come upon us in this upcoming year......I will just keep learning to have faith and stay close to the Lord. I love you and miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray! What an amazing journey. I am so proud of you and everyone in your family. As I have been often telling my kids, "If it's hard to do, it is probably worth doing."
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
Kris,
ReplyDeleteI loved your entry. You have such an ability to find the good, see the great, and appreciate all your blessings. You inspire me. Thank you for sharing. Good luck with your journey this week! You can do it.