Friday, March 4, 2011

It all started with a drip!

It all started with a drip. Well, Tommy saw the drip and it was coming from our ice maker. It was above the ceiling in the basement. So, Mike did some handy work and fixed it. Well, Sunday morning, before church, Mike checked it and all was well. He stuck it back in the ceiling and we went to church. As we got to church, Mike had realized that he had forgotten his bag. He NEVER forgets his bag....so he ran back home to get it. As he came into the house he heard a "waterfall" and went downstairs. The icemaker had broken again and the tube had filled up our ceiling with water, then the ceiling collasped with the weight of the water!!! It was everywhere and it was a good thing Mike had forgotten his bag because the entire downstairs was soppying wet!! And it had only been about 30 minutes since Mike had checked it last. So, needless to say we made a claim with our homeowners insurance and we are taking care of it! Everyday this week we have had the clean-up crew come in and check their super jet fans and it is all dry! The kids and Mike took a shop-vac and sucked up as much water as they could. Mike said it over 20 gallons of water!! If Mike hadn't of put it back up in the ceiling (the white tube thing hanging down) then it would have sprayed all the walls and pictures!! It could've been ten times worse, so we are very thankful it was only the floor and ceiling.





The rest of the week was a bummer. I went to the eye doctor and found out I have to get bi-foculs (sp), she even asked if I was 40 yet? I said, "no, not until June." She said that it is very common for eyesight to get worse around then. That was an ego booster, thank you very much! Actually I grew up with glasses and bi-foculs, so it will be better I know, it's just hard to grow up. :) THEN one more thing....I know the mind whirls with amazement on what else could happen....but now both my "automatic" sliding doors in our van do not work. That happened Tuesday/Wednesday, so now the boys have to climb through the trunk door and then get into their seats. Jordan asked me, "mom what if this back door didn't work, what would happen?" I said to him, "I am trying not to think about that buddy", he said, "I am." Thank you very much.... :)
Well, there you have it, the week from the depths of a volcano!! But we are healthy, safe and warm in our home. Thanks for reading this and letting me babble and share. I have faith next week will be better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment